Saturday, February 1, 2014

Geez!!!

It just seems that no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to say no to sweets.  And I really need to find a way to get my sugar numbers under control.  I started to keep a journal to keep track of my weak times, because I'm just so frustrated with myself.  My kids tell me that I've always been able to accomplish anything I have set out to achieve.  So why can't I do it with my diabetes, my weight, and my self control??!!

What I discovered with my journal it that I'm lazy.  I don't want to take the time or put the effort into preparing healthy and delicious foods for myself, so I just grab whatever is handy.

While searching Pinterest for some healthy snack ideas, I came across this pin for a snack drawer.  I think this may just be a solution for me.  But to take it a step farther, I am also going to create a snack basket for myself.  I've had one for the grand kids for years, but now it's time for my own.  I also found this chart for clean eating snacks, and am going to use it as a guide for my snacks.

I am going to put some pretzel sticks into single serving bags for myself.  I love pretzel sticks, and can dip them into hummus, sugar free chocolate pudding, peanut butter or just eat them plain.  I am also going to portion out some Nilla Wafers for the nights when I crave something sweet.  Hope this will keep me better on track.

1 comment:

  1. I have periodically had an area set aside for my snacks and it does work. Wishing you luck with this idea!

    ReplyDelete