Tuesday, December 20, 2011

We Interrupt this Intermission for a Post

It's been over a month since I last posted to this blog - what can I say.  I can't say that I've fallen off the wagon, I honestly believe that I have burned the wagon!!!  I am at the point that I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I've had a bad cold, followed by the flu, and then closely behind - another cold with a nasty cough.  You know what most people do before Christmas?? THEY BAKE - not a good think for a diabetic trying to take off a few pounds!!  The twins have been here nearly every evening baking cookies, making candy, and all those other fattening things we associate with Christmas.  And now the sideboard in my kitchen is loaded with boxes, buckets, and bowls of cookies.  And they whisper my name.  And if I don't listen, they shout.  And if I continue to ignore them, they seek me out and tap me on the shoulder. I considered suggesting that Pat and Pam  make mostly cookies that I don't care for, but quite honestly, I've never met a cookie I didn't like.  Even in a cookie drought, I will eat one of those nasty figgy newton cookies.  Me and the Cookie Monster - we give each other a run for our money!  And before you make suggestions, know this -- I HAVE NO WILLPOWER.  There it's out in the open for all to read.  None, zip, zilch, zero.

Rather than beat myself up over this, I've made a decision.  I will roll with the holidays.  But while I'm rolling, I will read the book on Willpower that I downloaded to my Kindle.  And after the first of the year, I will start over again with a renewed determination.  This will NOT be a New Year's Resolution because in the past I have learned that those resolutions are made primarily to be broken.  The next couple of weeks will be spent in reading, planning, researching new recipes and ways to cook veggies to make them a little more interesting to the eye and the palate.  So, check back after the first of the year and see what I manage to come up with.

1 comment:

  1. Boy I can really relate. I used to make a bunch of cookies for the holiday but now limit myself to chocolate chips. My husband can really put those away so they go away fast.

    The only way to avoid these situations is to not have them in the house, I fear.

    ReplyDelete