Friday, July 13, 2012

WOW!!!

Last evening daughter Mary showed up with a jar of the Cherry Chocolate Chunk Refrigerator Oatmeal.  She had made two and brought me one to sample.  I had it this morning for breakfast.  The nutritional information is as follows: 274 calories, 8g fat, 55g carbs, 8g fiber, 12g protein; Weight Watchers PtsPlus: 9 .  At first this seemed a little high to me.  But if you subtract the 8g fiber from the 55g of carbs, you have 43g carb.  At 15g of carb per exchange, I was basically eating 3 carb exchanges.  This would have been equal to 1 serving of cereal, 1 serving of milk, and 1 serving of fruit - a well balanced breakfast.  Mary had substituted Truvia for the honey in the recipe.  She used fresh bing cherries, and dark chocolate chips.  She used black cherry lowfat Greek yogurt, and mixed it as instructed.  What did I think????  It was delicious, almost like a sweet dessert.  But it is a legal breakfast.  So now, I need to decide which flavor to make next.  Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment