Monday, January 13, 2014

A New Beginning - Again!

Here it is 2014, and I'm still battling the Diabetes Dragon.  And the dragon has a partner - Obesity.  I've made so many fresh starts, and I'm sure you are all rolling your eyes and saying, "Here we go again!"  I have to tell you that I have been on a sugar rush.  I have been eating everything I can find that's sweet - not good for a diabetic.  And I have not been checking my blood sugar because I really didn't want to know - also not good for a diabetic.  I know that some of it has been depression.  This was my first Christmas without my mom, who passed away in May.  Since Christmas Day was her birthday, it was doubly hard.  We returned from Disney and I came down with a cold the next morning.  My daughter says I have "Disney Depression" - resulting from no trip to look forward to.  And then our Mr. Willy cat passed away.  He had been attacked by a stray dog, suffered some serious injuries, but was on the mend.  A blood clot thought otherwise.

But, I've picked myself up, dusted myself off, and decided to make a serious fresh start.  I've discontinued the Victoza.  Every time I start to use it again, I experience more problems with my gall bladder.  This makes things a little more difficult.  I have to curb my appetite, account for what goes into my mouth, and I have to do it all my myself!  I have an entire bookcase of diet books, all shapes and sizes.  But I've always done the best with Weight Watchers.  But I still need to watch my carbs and sugar intake.  So, I'm planning on meals that are Weight Watchers and diabetic friendly.  I've cut out caffeine - seems that it makes diabetes harder to control.  I am now three days into the "No Cheat Area".  For some that doesn't seem like much, but for me I need to start with little steps before I can do a long jump.  So, here we go again.  Let's hope I will be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment