Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Latest Update

Yesterday was my scheduled appointment with the doctor.  Lately, "Vic" and I haven't been getting along so well.  I have had a lot of side effects that weren't pleasant.  It seemed like the longer I was in the Victoza, the worse I felt.  Constipation and a lack of energy were some of the side effects that I could have lived with; however, when I started with the pain in my right abdomen just below my rib cage, I started to worry.  I no longer had the desire to eat, certain smells like coffee and cigarettes made me nauseous.  And I started to have seriously low blood sugars in the afternoon.  So when the doctor told me how well I had done on the Victoza, I began telling him about my side effects.  He gave me a definite "Stop taking it now".  I had lost only 3 pounds in the past 4 months, nothing compared to stories from others.  So now, I have to make some important decisions. I had done pretty well a couple of years ago on the Glycemic Index diet, so yesterday I got my books back out, made a shopping list, and sorted out some recipes to help me.  Friday is payday, and I'll go grocery shopping this weekend.  And now it's back to square one.  I haven't given up, just made a fresh start.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you haven't given up. When plan A doesn't work, move on to plan B. Not all diets work for all people.

    The Glycemic Index Diet is supposed to be great for Diabetes. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete