Thursday, January 19, 2012

Checking In

I have lost another 1.7 pounds -- small steps add up to giant leaps.  My BS numbers aren't coming down like I wanted them to, however.  I went back on the Victoza, but developed the same stomach pain and leg cramps as before, so Vic and I have now parted for good.  My numbers during the day are OK, but my morning numbers are high and I don't know why. I've tried eating an evening snack - I've tried not eating an evening snack.   I have been reading about controlling my numbers, and will beat this thing. But it's not easy.  And let me caution you about advice.  If you aren't a diabetic, please don't offer any.   A person who is NOT diabetic cannot begin to understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to control your numbers.  Lots of people don't hesitate to criticize or offer advice, and lots of them don't have any idea what they are talking about.  Sometimes I just want to shout "Shut up, you have no idea what you are talking about".  But, I've learned to keep my mouth shut and just roll my eyes.  Hopefully, I haven't offended anyone, but I have taken classes in health and nutrition. I know what should work, but it doesn't always.  But I won't quit trying -- I'm not a quitter and never have been.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find what works for you.. I found out that when I "cheat" I become deathly ill about 20 minutes later... And for some reason the Sugar Free candy is the worse culprit...

    and tomorrow is DR day...and a new dr at that!! and I hate fasting for the blood work...so I will treat myself and head to JoAnns or Hobby Lobby for some "sugar free" fabric!! LOL

    ReplyDelete