Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hmmm. Tis a Puzzlement.

Yesterday I began my new journey.  I ate only what I should - no cheating.  I was so proud of myself.  It doesn't seem like much to some, but one day of no cheating for me is an accomplishment.  And it's a small step that I climbed.  For my snack last night, there were no cookies or candy, but rather a single serving size of microwave popcorn, and it didn't even all pop.  I felt so good about the day when I went to bed.  And yet this morning when I took my blood sugar, it was 174.  I don't understand why it isn't coming down.  I don't really want to go back on the Victoza, but it did bring my levels down.  I think I'll give it another week, and see what happens.  Eat Healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the popcorn before bed? Pop corn is a carb - which the body treats as sugar. Maybe that was it.

    Not being a diabetic, I can't really tell for sure. Maybe a few more days. Still with your program, make a food journal so you know what you ate AND when, and maybe your doctor or a diabetic counselor can advise you.

    Don't loose focus! Stay with your program. Some these things take time.

    ReplyDelete